Material may be placed on Reserve by instructors for their students. Course reserve material can be searched in the library catalogue by instructor or course name. Library-owned material may be placed on hold by contacting the appropriate access technician. Instructors are required to sign an Instructor/Department Owned Materials on Library Reserve Agreement and to fill out a new material form when bringing new material to the Circulation/Reserves desk.Guidelines for Reserve Items:
- Items on Reserve must be owned by the MRU Library, an instructor, or department of MRU.
- Original publications (textbooks, monographs, etc.) may be placed on Reserve.
- In the case of book chapters, the full book will be placed on Reserve in lieu of photocopied chapters.
- Where possible, books not owned by the Library may be purchased for the collection on an expedited basis and placed on Reserve.
- Journal articles held by the Library in a digital form will not be placed on Reserve. The Library can supply persistent links to these items for use in Blackboard or other course website.
- Journal articles held by the Library in a print form may be placed on Reserve.
- Photocopied material will normally require permission from the copyright holder before being placed on Reserve. The library can make arrangements do this, where possible. Sufficient processing time is required. Permission to place photocopies on Reserve may not be obtainable for some material.
- Resources freely available on the web may not be placed on Reserve. They may be linked to in Blackboard or course website.
- Copies of an instructor’s lecture notes, exams, and sample questions may be placed on Reserve. If these notes and exams contain images, figures, or any other copyrighted material produced by others, permission for reserve copy/copies must be obtained from the copyright holder(s) before they may be placed in the library. There is an instructor waiver form that must be filled out and accompany any instructor produced material.Generally, exams older than four years will not be accepted for Reserve.
- Videos must have Public Performance Rights to be shown on campus. Videos without PPR will be signed out for home use only.
- Unpublished works must have the written permission of the copyright holder (e.g. student papers, exams, lecture notes, etc.) There is a student waiver form that must be filled out and accompany any student work.
- Hazardous or living material will not be accepted.
Information about the status and usage of course reserves is available upon request. If you have questions, please contact your access technician (see below list) or call us at 403.440.6129.
Copyright related questions about Library Reserves should be directed to Cari Merkley, Coordinator Circulation & Reserves: email@example.com .
|Advanced Specialty Health Studies (ASHS)||Fern Preece|
|Art History||Tara Fitzpatrick|
|Communication Studies||Fern Preece|
|Computer Science||Mabelann Gathercole|
|Earth Sciences||Joan Taylor|
|Environmental Science||Joan Taylor|
|General Education||Peter Barnett|
|Interior Design||Tara Fitzpatrick|
|International Education||Tamarea Bauer|
|Justice Studies||Debbie Henson|
|Music Performance||Fern Preece|
|Physical Education||Mabelann Gathercole|
|Political Science||Laurie Straub|
|Religious Studies||Sandy Munn|
|Social Services||Fern Preece|
|Women's Studies||Sandy Munn|