Confirmation of Enrolment for Funding
If you require documentation confirming your student status in order to access funds available for your education, visit Student Awards & Financial Aid (E102). Typical examples of this type of confirmation include:
- RESPs - Registered Education Savings Plan
- Most RESP companies have their own forms, check with your provider
- There are different deadlines for each of the RESP providers
- Allow us two business days to process your request
- CPP - Canada Pension Plan - Child's Benefit
- CPP (Declaration of Attendance at University) forms can be dropped off at the Student Awards & Financial Aid office
- Form pick up will commence one week after the last day to drop/add classes each semester
- If you are submitting a CPP form for a previous semester we may be able to complete it while you wait
- Student Line of Credit through a financial institution
- External scholarships/bursaries/awards
- Most external scholarships require a form to be completed or a confirmation of enrolment letter. These forms/letters typically request evidence of a student's enrolment for specified study period before releasing the funds
- Allow two business days to process your request
If you have any questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To protect Mount Royal students' personal records and information, our staff and faculty are required to follow the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (FOIP) Act.
We are not permitted to release records or personal contact information to any third party without prior written approval from the student.
Confirmation of Enrolment for student loan purposes
While you are enrolled as a full-time student, your government loans are interest-free – as long as your lender knows you are full-time.
If you are full-time and have previous student loans, and are NOT currently receiving student aid, notify your lender in order to maintain interest-free status (no interest payments are charged).
If you have previous Alberta student loans only:
- Complete the Confirmation of Registration – Reinstatement of Interest Free Status for Alberta Student Loan (Form B)
- You can find this form on the Student Aid Alberta website under Applications and Forms
- Print off Form B and bring it into the Student Awards & Financial Aid office to have your enrolment confirmed
If you have previous Canada student loans and Alberta student loans:
- Use the NSLSCs' (National Student Loan Service Centre) Online Services to submit a Confirmation of Enrolment request online, or complete a paper Confirmation of Enrolment form (Schedule 2)
- If you are filling out a paper Schedule 2 please bring it into the Student Awards & Financial Aid office to confirm enrolment
If you have prior government student loans through another province other than Alberta, you will need to request:
- A Schedule 2 for your federal loans, and
- The appropriate confirmation of enrolment form for you provincial loan
If you are full-time and are receiving student aid this year, once you cash your current student loan(s) any previous student loan is automatically put back into interest-free status.
If you require documentation for a purpose other than confirming your eligibility to receive funding, visit the Office of the Registrar (A101).