As part of the Mount Royal University Library, the Archives and Special Collections serves the University’s diverse communities and is open to all. The mandate of the Archives and Special Collections is to support teaching, learning, and scholarship through the development of archival holdings and specialized library collections. The Archives and Special Collections acquires, preserves, and makes accessible select university records of enduring value, as well as other materials described in the Acquisition Policy (currently under development).
HoldingsThe Archives and Special Collections mainly holds records related to the history of Mount Royal University, including:
- textual records (such as correspondence, meeting minutes, and reports)
- audio and video recordings
- maps and architectural drawings
- publications including yearbooks, academic calendars, as well as newspapers and magazines published by university offices and campus organizations
We're currently working on establishing an online archives database that will contain finding aids, allowing users to search and read detailed descriptions of our holdings. Until the database ready to launch, please contact us directly for research help.
Open hoursThe Archives and Special Collections is regularly open Monday to Friday from 10am to 12pm, and is located in room I-157. Please feel to drop by anytime during open hours. Appointments for other times can also be booked by contacting us.
Please contact Peter Houston, Archivist and Special Collections Librarian at email@example.com or 403.440.5197.
New facilityThis summer, the Archives and Special Collections will be moving to an exciting new space on the fourth floor of the Riddell Library + Learning Centre. The new space will feature:
- a public reading room for working with the collection
- compact storage for maximum collection space
- office and conservation areas where staff will preserve, describe, and digitize holdings
Contact usMount Royal University Archives and Special Collections
Room I-157, 4825 Mount Royal Gate SW
Calgary, AB T3E 6K6