Book Group Space
You must register each academic year at the Media or Circulation/Reserves Desk to access this service. The list of registered users will be cleared every August.
Three study rooms are located near the Information Desk in the Library. Each room contains:
- Table and chairs
- TV, VCR, DVD player
If you require a computer, please sign out a laptop from the Media Desk.
Room Capacity: Green - 8, Red - 6, Grey - 10
Three booths are located near the Circulation/Reserves desk. Each booth contains:
- 4 power outlets for hooking up laptops to view on the TV screen. Headphone use is required for sound.
- Cables and remotes may be signed out from the Reserves Desk
Booth Capacity: 4
- Maximum of 4 hours per 7-day period. The 7-day period begins the first day you make a booking.
- Only current MRU students may book rooms.
- If room usage does not comply with Library policies, you will be asked to leave.
- It is the user’s responsibility to manage room bookings and inform group members.
- If you are a “no-show,” or are more than 15 minutes late, the room will become available for other users
- If you have not booked online, you may use study space on a drop-in basis.
- If a student with a booking arrives on time, the drop-in user must vacate the room or booth.
- If the student with the booking is more than 15 minutes late, the drop-in user has priority for the space.
How to Book Group Space
You must first register for room booking at the Library Media Desk. Once you have registered:
- Click on the "Book Group Space" button above.
- Use the “Show Another Day” drop down menu to select the date.
- Any block that says “Reserve” is available for booking. Click on the start time under the room/booth you would like.
- From the drop down menu, select the length of your booking.
- Enter your Student ID# and Library PIN in the fields provided.
- Click “Confirm Reservation”
How to Cancel a Booking
- You can cancel a booking any time before the start of the booking. Canceling a booking does not count against your 4 hours per week allowance.
- To cancel a booking, click on the blue “x” next to your name on the Study Area Booking page.
Please wait a moment for someone to respond to your chat request.
Click on the green arrow to open chat in a new window in order to maintain your chat session when navigating from page to page.