It is the borrower's responsibility to note the date and time material is due. Fines are charged for overdue and lost material.
- Due dates and accumulated fines may be checked online via the My Account link in the library catalogue
- Accounts with outstanding balances of $15 or more are suspended. Please consult the Library Overdue Fines Policy for further details
- Longstanding suspended student accounts are forwarded to the Mount Royal Fees Office and may affect registration for future semesters, or receipt of transcripts
- Main Collection - $1 per day/item to a maximum of $15
- ESL Collection - $1 per day/item to a maximum of $15
- Reserve Collection - $1 per hour/item to a maximum of $50
- Interlibrary Loans (ILL) - $1 per day/item to a maximum of $50
- Media Collection
- Videos/DVDs: $1 per day/item to a maximum of $15
- Laptops: $5 per hour to a maximum of $50
For all other Media equipment, and for a complete listing of all fines and fees for library materials, please review the Schedule of Fines and Fees.
Payment may be made at the Circulation desk via cash, debit, Visa, or Mastercard.
- Items are assumed lost after 28 days
- Charges for the item replacement cost, a $15 processing fee, and any overdue fines owing will be applied to your library account
- Lost items must be returned directly to the Circulation/Reserves desk
- Replacement charges will be refunded if a lost item is returned within one year. Other charges will not be refunded
In order to ensure we are able to provide fast and efficient interlibrary loan (ILL) services for all users, the Library has implemented a fee for physical items which are requested and not picked up by the item's due date. If you no longer need an item requested through ILL, please email email@example.com. The $5 non-pickup fee is intended to reduce request handling for items no longer needed by patrons and to recoup some of the costs incurred by the Library for ILL.