We believe it all starts with an idea…and when properly nurtured and developed, it can lead to discovery, value creation, and a better tomorrow for all. In 2012, the idea for The Institute for Innovation and Entrepreneurship became a reality. Through a combined effort of the active entrepreneurial community, consultation with top 10 entrepreneurship schools across North America, and a generous donation by the RBC Foundation for start-up funding, the Institute is a place for students to discover their entrepreneurial potential. Our vision is to graduate the most entrepreneurial minds in Canada. We achieve this by:
- Delivering the highest quality instruction, highlighted by innovative experiential learning
- Providing students with opportunities and resources to exercise their entrepreneurial minds outside of the classroom setting
- Thoughtfully engaging the broader community in the education of our students
- Creating a physical space that fosters creativity, collaboration and innovation
- Advancing the scholarship of teaching and learning of innovation and entrepreneurship
Fostering an entrepreneurial mindset will not only enable students to start their own ventures, but will make them invaluable as early employees of other startups or as innovators in established organizations. This focus on innovation is critical. As a city, province, and country, we have no shortage of good ideas, enabling technologies, and patentable inventions. Innovation is about leveraging these inputs to create economic or social value. We are in the business of educating the next generation of value creators.
At a Glance