Curriculum & Courses
Below is the list of courses required to complete the Broadcasting Diploma Program. For more detailed information please see Course Descriptions.
- COMM 1112 - Introduction to Radio Writing
- COMM 1114 - Introduction to Broadcast Journalism (Radio)
- COMM 1116 - Introduction to Radio Operations
- COMM 1201 - Advanced Radio Operations
- COMM 1206 - Radio Performance
- COMM 1209 - Television Operations
- Choose one:
Note: First choice of specialization in Semester 2 is not guaranteed. Registering in either COMM 1202 or COMM 1203 is dependent upon students achieving a minimum grade of B+ in the prerequisite Semester 1 core courses. See course outlines for further details.
- COMM 1204 - Broadcast Journalism (Television)
- Choose one:
- COMM 1240 - Television Program Production and Television Operations
- COMM 1241 - Television Creative Writing/Producing
- COMM 1244 - Broadcast Industry Organizational Structure
One of the following combinations:
Note: First choice of specialization in Semester 4 is not guaranteed. Registering in either COMM 1211 and COMM 1213, or COMM 1247 and COMM 1248, or COMM 1242 and COMM 1245 is dependent upon students achieving a minimum grade of B+ in the prerequisite Semester 3 core courses. See course outlines for further details.In addition to the above list Broadcasting students require 5 General Education courses.