Taylor Centre for the Performing Arts & Bella Concert Hall
Mount Royal University Conservatory's home is in the Taylor Centre for the Performing Arts. Our new building allows us to meet the needs of our community with new instructional spaces for private lessons, rehearsal halls for ensembles of all sizes, a dedicated wing for the Conservatory's Early Childhood music programs and the stunning, intimate and acoustically superb Bella Concert Hall at the facility's heart.
The Taylor Centre for the Performing Arts was awarded Top Project of the Year over $50Designing the Bella Concert Hall
Pick-Up/Drop-Off: A designated pick-up / drop-off parking space is available at the building's main entrance. The main entrance of the Taylor Centre for the Performing Arts is located west of the intersection: Richard Road S.W. and Westmount Way S.W. Detailed map
The Taylor Centre for the Performing Arts is also home to:
- Conservatory Reception (ED 0300, Level Ground)
- Bella Concert Hall (ED 1200, Level 1)
- Hal and Marnie Wyatt Atelier (ED 1120, Level 1)
- TransAlta Pavilion (ED 2102, Level 2)
- Agnes Stephanson Cooke Gallery (ED 2111, Level 2)
Accessible Parking: Designated accessible parking spots are located on east side of the Taylor Centre for the Performing Arts building and in the East Parkade. Detailed map
Accessible Entry: The Taylor Centre for the Performing Arts presents three accessible entries.
- The Main Entrance to the building faces north and looks to the Riddell Library and Learning Commons. A ramp ascends/descends the front doors with immediate access to the Bella Concert Hall Lobby, Box Office, Coat Room, Bella Bar and washrooms.
- The Conservatory Office entrance is located on the east side of the building on the ground floor and offers elevator access to the Level One - Bella Concert Hall and the Hal and Marnie Wyatt Atelier Room and Mezzanine - TransAlta Pavilion.
- The Link Entrance is located on the west side of the building with immediate access to Level One - Bella Concert Hall and the Hal and Marnie Wyatt Atelier Room. Elevators are available to the Mezzanine Level - TransAlta Pavilion.
Accessible Seating: Available in all performance spaces.
Bella Concert Hall - individuals who use wheelchairs and are able to transfer, may request an accessible seat with removable armrest or may request an accessible seat where their chair will be located. Please specify your accessible seating needs when purchasing tickets.
Washrooms: Accessible men’s and women’s restrooms are available on all levels of the building.
Water Fountains: Accessible on all levels of the building.
Assistive Listening Devices: Infrared assistive listening devices (headsets and neck loops) available for the Bella Concert Hall and the TransAlta Pavilion at the coat check. A valid photo ID is needed to ensure return.
Facilities RentalMany of MRU Conservatory's spaces in the Taylor Centre for the Performing Arts are available for rental, including the spectacular Bella Concert Hall, Hal and Marnie Wyatt Atelier and TransAlta Pavilion venues, the Bella Lobby, our meeting room and rehearsal rooms, and many of our classrooms. For more information, contact Mount Royal University Events & Theatre Services.