ITS provides technical support, solutions and diversified services to the Mount Royal University community.
Phishing Scam Alert: OneClass Chrome Extension
Be on alert for the OneClass Chrome Extension. It is a phishing scam that will attempt to send an email to everyone in your Blackboard courses and steal your usernames and passwords.
How the phishing scam works:
- Students receive an email with a link to install the OneClass Chrome Extension.
- During the installation, the user will be prompted to accept its permission of "Read and change all your data on the websites you visit".
- When the user accepts, a button will be created within Blackboard pages to "Invite your Classmates to OneClass".
- The extension attempts to email everyone in the user’s Blackboard classes to promote the OneClass extension.
- The extension also attempts to collect user credentials (usernames and passwords).
If you receive the following phishing email, do not install the extension or click on any links on the email. Please delete the email.
"Hey guys, I just found some really helpful notes for the upcoming exams for courses at . I highly recommend signing up for an account now that way your first download is free!"
If you have installed the OneClass Chrome extension, you should immediately remove it and change the password of any site you logged into while it was installed.
To remove the extension:
- Open your Chrome Browser.
- Select the 3 vertical dots in the upper-right-hand corner. A menu appears.
- Select Settings.The settings page appears.
- From the menu on the left, select Extensions. Scroll down until you locate the OneClass Easy Invite extension.
- Select the Trashcan icon beside the OneClass Easy Invite extension. A dialog box appears.
- Select Remove.
- Close all Chrome windows and return to the Extensions page to verify the extension has been removed.
- Remember to use the link on the MyMRU log in page to change your password, and to change your password on any other sites you used while the extension was installed.
Any students who need assistance can contact START and any staff who need assistance can contact the Service Desk at 403-440-6000.
Google@mtroyal.ca For documentation and training materials please visit the G Suite Learning Centre.Microsoft Office 2013
For documentation and training materials please visit the Office Learning Centre.
Changing your MyMRU passwordYour password should be changed every 3 months. Changing your MyMRU password also changes all your other passwords except for your Banner password, which must be changed separately.
To learn how to change your MyMRU password please visit the Changing your MyMRU password page.
Activating your accountTo learn how to activate your Mount Royal account please view the Account activation guide.