To access wireless printing at Mount Royal follow these steps:
1. Open an Internet browser and navigate to webprint.mtroyal.ca.
Enter your MyMRU username (Login ID) and password, then click LOG IN.
Note: This website is only available on campus.
2. Select the department and printer to send the print job to. Click the appropriate link.
- All printer queues, except Library-Black White-Cash and Library-Colour-Cash, will use your Pcounter printing account.
- Print jobs on the Library-Black White-Cash and Library-Colour-Cash will only be held for 4 hours.
- Communications Card Access printers are only available to students who have Campus Card access to the O-Wing.
- To select a printer in a department other then A-Library click on the drop-down box and choose the area you want to print to.
- B-Open labs are E151, EA2047 and EB1112.
- Communications Card Access is the Secured O wing area, O211A.
- Staff and Faculty Card Scan is the Lexmark Printing solution.
3. Click Browse to select the document you want to submit for printing. All standard file formats are supported. If you need to confirm see the documentation here.
- Web Page: If you are printing from a web page, type or copy the URL link into the Web Page text field (e.g. http://www.mtroyal.ca).
- Copies: The default setting is 1 copy. If you need more copies, enter the appropriate number up to a maximum of 10.
- Page Range: Enter a range in the format (x-y). E.g. 3-3 or 5-8.
Once finished click Submit.
4. Set the layout options for the print job.
- All printers will have Letter - Letter - 8 1/2 x 11 in option. This is the default setting.
- Only the Library printers will have an option to use Legal size - 8 1/2 x 14 in paper.
- Tabloid or 11 x 17 in printing is NOT available.
- Double Sided (long) is the default setting. This is the standard duplex setting on the printers that have this feature available.
- Double Sided (short) will flip on the short/ top edge of the paper.
- Single Sided.
- As Saved - Orientation is as found on the saved document. This the default setting.
- Portrait - Long edge of the paper will be on the left side.
- Landscape - Long edge of the paper will be on the top side.
- Best Fit - Shrinks graphic images if larger than the page.
- PowerPoint users - Currently there is NO OPTION to print multiple slides on 1 page.
Once finished click Continue.
5. The screen capture below shows the progress of the print job submission. The time range for a print job is between 5 and 30 seconds.
6. You will then be notified of: the printer, document name, and the number of pages to be printed. If correct click the Submit Job To Printer link. Otherwise click the Cancel link.
7 . Once the job is submitted and printed the user will receive the confirmation shown in the screen capture below. The user will then be able to logout, submit another job or choose another printer.
Job User ID
Jobs submitted to the cash stations will be displayed using the users login name, not the name of the station the job was submitted from. For example if the user is using Webprint from Lib04 the job will show up as the user and not the Station ID Lib04.
The price calculator for WebPrint has been turned off so the student will not receive incorrect pricing calculations. The Pcounter billing will still happen and the students will be billed as per normal.
Cash printing holds
The cash printing holds have been changed to 4 hours for the WebPrinting queues.
How to print multiple pages
See the work around listed below until this feature becomes available.
Note: This a generalized process. It may change depending on the software product you use.
1. Download a PDF creator software product. Examples are PDFCreator, Foxit PDF
Creator, CutePDF, or Nitro PDF.
2. Install the software.
3. Open the document in the appropriate program.
4. Select Print.
5. Set the multi-page print options.
6. Change the printer to the PDF creation program you installed.
7. Click OK.
8. The PDF software will then ask you to name the document and choose a save location.
9. Navigate to webprint.mtroyal.ca and follow the instructions above.
- PDF documents embedded in a web browser may or may not work - ITS recommends saving the document to the desktop and printing the PDF directly.
- Web pages that use a link generated by a search or require a log-in will not work - ITS recommends saving the document as a HTML file before printing it.
- Pages print as set-up in the document - ITS recommends for:
PowerPoint (Impress, or other equivalents) print one slide per page.
Excel (and equivalent spreadsheets) do not allow for fine tuning during the print process. The document must be saved with the print area/page breaks already set.