Tracking your program progress
What is mruGradU8?
mruGradU8 is one of the resources available to you for tracking your program progress. As a program audit system and advising tool, it is designed to assist you in reviewing your academic history, easily identifying requirements you have completed and those that are still needed for graduation. We strongly recommend that you consult the Academic Calendar and meet with your academic advisor to ensure that graduation requirements have been met for your program.
Your program audit provides an overview of how your completed, in-progress, and registered courses apply towards your program requirements. Please be aware that curriculum changes are finalized by the time registration opens for the Fall semester, therefore you are encouraged to check your degree audit regularly to ensure mruGradU8 accurately reflects your required courses.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Determine what requirements you need to fulfill in order to graduate.
- View individual course grades, cumulative grade-point average (GPA) and program GPA.
- View transfer credits, waivers, and exemptions applied toward your program.
- See how your coursework could be applied to another program, major and/or minor using the "What If" option.
- Estimate grade performance using the GPA calculator.
- View your current academic standing.
- View any holds you may have on your record.
- View course prerequisites and/or co-requisites.
- Anytime! mruGradU8 is accessible 24 hours a day, 7 days a week from most networked computers.
- Before registration, use your audit to plan your course selections.
- After registration, confirm that the courses selected complete the requirements you still need.
- View your audit after grades are posted.
- Before you apply to graduate.
- Before you declare a major or minor -- use the 'What If' feature found on the left side of the worksheet to see how courses you have completed fit into a major or minor.
- Your worksheet under the Program Audit format is a snapshot in time, and gives you an indication of what courses you have left to complete.
- It is divided into core classes for your program/major, General Education (or Arts and Science) requirements, minors (if you have declared one) and electvies.
- It also lists unused and insufficient courses that are not being counted toward your degree.
- Click the "process new" tab which is located near the top and middles of the worksheet.
- See your academic advisor to review your audit.
There is a legend at the top of your worksheet that will help you understand the symbols. The different requirements that are included are complete, not complete, nearly complete (for in-progress courses).
During a semester when you are registered in a class and there is not yet a final grade this course will show as nearly complete in your audit. This symbol will also show for courses that you have registered in for a future semester as well.
- Gives you an idea of the types of coures that you still have left to complete in your General Education or Arts and Sciences requirements.
- General Education requirements will be broken down by cluster and tier, Arts and Sciences requirements will be listed by Area.
- Please see your academic advisor to clarify requirements if you are not sure.
- Unused courses are not counted toward your credential. Since they do not fit anywhere else in your audit, they are listed separately as unused courses.
- If you see courses in your unused section that you feel should be included in any of your audit sections (i.e. program block, General Education, Arts and Sciences, or electives) please see your academic advisor.